April 21-26 Oracle/HCOM Unavailable
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING HCOM AND ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SYSTEM AVAILABILITY
April 21-26, 2017
The Oracle system, including HCOM and the Marketplace, will be unavailable from 6:00pm on Friday, April 21st until 9:00am on Wednesday, April 26th to accommodate the move of the application and platform to the Amazon Web Services Cloud. Please see below for important information regarding Procurement and Accounts Payable during this outage.
GUIDANCE FOR PROCUREMENT
University purchasers are strongly encouraged to make purchases prior to 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 21st. However, there may be situations where an emergency purchase is necessary when HCOM and Oracle are offline. If so, purchasers should:
- Contact your local finance office to confirm local policies and procedures
- Adhere to approval policies prior to order placement
- Use a Purchasing Card (PCard) if accepted by the supplier
If using a PCard is not an option during this time, the purchaser should:
- Contact the supplier directly and place the order with customer service
- Arrange to have the invoice for that specific order sent to the buyer’s location and attention
- Work with the local financial department and approvers to ensure the invoice is paid as soon as it is received using Payment Request functionality in HCOM when HCOM/Oracle is back online.
GUIDANCE FOR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE
Please note that during this system outage Accounts Payable will not be able to process invoices, generate payments, or provide invoice/payment status via AP Customer Service. The phone lines will be open to take in information, which will be researched when Oracle is back on-line.
Please plan accordingly for Items that may need to be paid during this outage. In preparation for this event, on Thursday, April 20, Accounts Payable will pay all invoices that are in the system (with no holds) that become due through April 26.
If you have any questions, or have an emergency situation, please contact Accounts Payable Customer Service at 617-495-8500 (option 1,) or e-mail to AP_customerservice@harvard.edu.