Updates to the Gifts and Celebratory Events for Employees and Nonemployees Policy
The modified Gifts and Celebratory Events for Employees and Nonemployees Policy is now on the Financial Policy website. The policy has an effective date of 5/1/17 (for expenses incurred 5/1/17 or later).
Quick highlights of the changes include:
- Private Residence Hostess Gift has been increased to a maximum of $100
- Increases the nontaxable threshold for employee gifts from $75 to $100
- Establishes a $100 limit on gifts to nonemployees and outlines a process for exceptions
- Gift certificates of $100 or less to nonemployees are allowed
- Donations in lieu of flowers of $100 or less may be made to charitable organizations (Note: individual schools may require Financial Dean approval for donations, the policy directs users to check with their tub finance office for local requirements)
- As a reminder, gift certificates are still not allowed on the PCard.